Thursday, July 12, 2012

Acceptance/Materials ETC!!!

Well we've officially been accepted into the k12 program! We are now waiting on our materials to arrive. I have to admit looking at the materials list I'm a bit excited to receive it. Magnetic boards, dry erase boards.. a chalk board - Ohh I'm back to my childhood days of playing "school" - cept now its real!
My little guy and myself have decided to get a bit of a jump start today, and did "school" for about 2 hours today. Practicing our numbers and letters, and learning to recognize them.
Its a bit more challenging then I originally thought it would be. We've been teaching our boys since birth, and have all the basics down - eye ears nose, ABCs, Counting etc, but sitting down and actually doing school is a bit different.
He tends to zone out or just seem uninterested in actually learning, but I think we've made pretty good progress today!
I'm very excited about this new journey we are going to be embarking on. I always knew I was going to homeschool my children.
I was home taught from 9th-12th grades, and I was very grateful to do it. I loved it compared to "real" school! I got to learn so much more, and I had a real desire to learn, which I didn't have in regular school.
I just hope through the years he's as enthusiastic about it. I hope I'm not making a mistake.. Anybody else out there worry about that?
Like that he won't get to experience a regular life? Won't learn proper social skills, won't know some of the simple joys of childhood (Like the first day of summer vacation- The feeling of pure freedom and joy!).
I guess we'll just figure it all out as we go. If he decides at some point this isn't good for him anymore then I will have no issues enrolling him in regular school, but for now I think this is the best route so we'll see where it takes us!
Now to continue waiting for those materials to arrive....


No comments:

Post a Comment